update on the 2018 match play championship!
Back to back win for Bill Patterson. Congratulations to last year's Champion, Bill Patterson, who won over Tim Wallace in the Final Match 1 UP to become the 2018 Match Play Champion. Dave Wallace will play Karen Treat in the consolation match for 3rd place.
- 2017: Champion - Bill Patterson | 2nd Place - Kathleen Nagle | 3rd Place - John Fisher | 4th Place - Gene Ho
- 2016: Champion - Wynn Smith | 2nd Place - Bill Patterson | 3rd Place - Karen Treat | 4th Place - Bob Wolf
- 2015: Champion - Mike Souza | 2nd Place - Kenny Langston | 3rd Place - John McPeak | 4th Place - David Geary
The 2018 Match Play championship Overview
(Click on the name of bracket to get the current standings as of March 13th. Results are posted as they become available. )
- The Bay Area Pinseekers Match Play Championship is a match play format consisting of four brackets:
- Bandon Dunes, Old MacDonalad, Bandon Trails and Pacific Dunes.
- All matches that may determine a bracket winner, all semi-final and final matches will be played at Poppy Ridge Golf Course.
- All other matches will be played at a mutually agreed to course. Men play from the Tees closest to 6000 yards. Women have the choice to play from the Tees closest to 6000 yards or the Tees closest to 5500 yards.
The yardages, slope and rating information must be obtained from the NCGA.org official website to determine the proper tees, not the course scorecard or course website.
- Refer to References: Handicap Calculation on the Tournament Page for specifics on how to calculate handicaps from different tees, etc. YOU MUST POST YOUR SCORE FROM YOUR MATCH PLAY GAME. Refer to the Rules Document for details.
- Match Play Championship Coordinator: David Geary (email@example.com) with questions about the competition. Rules questions refer to Handicap Chairman, Roger O'Callaghan.